Hunting Horns for Sale
The Hunt Button has a small number of good quality hunting horns in stock, suitable for use in the hunting field or for the collector.
Horns will always be sent on approval so you can try before you buy.
1. Keith, Prowse & Co. A good quality antique copper horn with nickel mouthpiece stamped Keith, Prowse & Co. 48 Cheapside London EC. Measures 9 ½ ” long, diameter of bell: 2 ½ ” The company was established in 1796, making a variety of musical instruments. This horn is from the 1800s. There are a few dents. Price: SOLD (View images of Horn 1 at bottom of page)
2. Champion & Wilton. A fine vintage copper and nickel hunting horn, stamped Champion & Wilton Oxford Street, London. Measures 9” long with a 2” bell. Champion & Wilton were saddle manufactures and retailers of all hunting goods. The stamp relates to the retailer rather than the maker. Probably dates from about 1920. There are a couple of dents, overall condition is good. Price: £225 (View images of horn 2 at bottom of page)
3. Kohler & Son. A good quality antique copper and nickel hunting horn the nickel mouth piece is stamped K&S The stamp on the horn is Kohler & Son. Maker. 167 Ebury Street Eaton Square (From Covent Garden) London. There is the medal stamp 1851 1852. Kohler operated from Ebury Street between 1902 & 1904, thus dating this horn very accurately to that date. Very good condition with a few small dents. Measure 8 ¾” with a 2” bell. SOLD (View images of horn 3 at bottom of page)
4. Army & Navy. A fine vintage copper and nickel hunting horn, the bell being bound with nickel. 3 small dents. Stamped Army & Navy Cooperative Society Limited. Keats made hunting horns for the retailers, Army & Navy Stores until 1908. Measures 8” with a 2” bell. Price £210 (View images of horn 4 at bottom of page)
5. Swaine & Co. A fine, antique, copper and nickel hunting horn, stamped Swaine & Co London. Dates to pre 1845, when the company became Swaine & Adeney. A few small dents, and 2 very small splits in the copper where it has been turned to form the bell – doesn’t affect the way it blows. 10” long with a 1 ¾” bell. SOLD (View images of horn 5 at bottom of page)
6. Boosey & Hawkes Ltd. A fine vintage copper hunting horn with a brass collar and nickel mouth piece. Stamped Boosey & Hawkes Ltd, Makers London 151 231 Dates from 1930s. ( Boosey merged with Hawkes in 1930) A few small dents. Measures 10” with a 2” bell. Price: £220 (View images of horn 6 at bottom of page)
Please use the Contact Us form if you are interested in any of the hunting horns for sale, or if you have hunting horns you wish to sell.